THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Kyrgyzstan October, what temps and clothing?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kyrgyzstan October, what temps and clothing?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I will be heading over to Kyrgyzstan in October for an Ibex hunt.
What temperatures should I expect?
Also, where can I look for some good clothing that will keep me warm while riding the horse and be quick to remove or not be too hot for stalking and hiking?
I had a look at Cabelas but just couldn't pick anything.
Thanks.

...I feel sorry for people who don't drink.
When they wake up they know that's as good as they're going to feel all day.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Express, you will hunt with an italian guide/outfitter? This because I've hunted there about 10 years ago with an italian friend who own a concession there.
However the temperature in middle november was from cold to very cold. - 10 celsius in the night sometimes over zero sometimes below zero in the day.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Mario, yes I am going with "il Black" - Simone Giacomelli. After doing a lot of research and corresponding with various outfitters I was put in contact with him by a friend and went to meet him at the EXA.
I got to know him and his family and they are good people so I decided to go with him. He later came to hunt with me here so it will be like going on a hunt with a friend.

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes Black is a real hunter and a good companion. I know him and his family from many year as we come from the same town.
Be in good shape as you will walk a lot with him.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EXPRESS:
I will be heading over to Kyrgyzstan in October for an Ibex hunt.

Hunting Ibex is a long time dream of mine. I can't wait to hear a report and see your photos.

Best of luck, EXPRESS!

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello EXPRESS
I had been there twice in the last two years and I just paid the reserve fee for another one. The average temp. that I registered in hunting grounds were from 10ºC daytime to -20ºC on fly camp nights.
Take a look to: Sitka Gear (Coldfront), Mammut, Norrona (Dovre, Recon), Swazi (Wapiti an over pants). Beretta DWS.
Do not forget your feet¡¡¡¡: Meindl (Winter 800) CrispiFinnland, CrispiHighLand, Lowa Hunter.

Regards

Posts: 102 | Location: South West | Registered: 14 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
Express,

The best series of articles I ever read for Extreme Gear has been published by a mag called the Huntin Fool.

Here is a link for their recommendations http://www.huntinfool.com/arti...Gear/XG-08-2005.html

These are not paid advertisements, but rather products that are field tested and proven.

The info provided helped me on my recent mountain hunt.

Good luck on your hunt, shoot true!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys there is some great information in that article.
I'll be sure to post a report.
Cheers.

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
I work at Barney's Sports Chalet in Anchorage one of the companies listed in the article and I can highly recommend them. Bob the owner is an experience Asian hunter and knows his gear like no one I've ever met before. Everything in the store is top shelf. You pay for it, but you don't over pay for it.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote