THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Re: Bob White and a couple of old fellas...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bob White and a couple of old fellas...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Andrew McLaren
posted
Bob,
Your post brought back some very fond memories. In 1982, just after qualifying as a professional hunter, I took my dad, who introduced me to hunting in 1958 and then in his 70's, on his first kudu hunt. Not a monster kudu, but a day I will think back to with nostalgia for many years to come.
Hunters regards,
Verewaaier.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Soutpan, Free State, South Africa | Registered: 19 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just returned from a quail hunt near Quincy, Fl. with my uncle(75) and dad(83). A clear day of 60* or so, a very good Brittaney Spaniel. Only 3 hours and they had limited out, missing perhaps 4-5 birds, no downed birds lost. It was one of those days that I'll not see again; one has Parkinsons, the other a more pressing concern. I am thankful for this last 'hurrah!', and a glorious day.

Old age and cunning will overcome fear and superstition every time!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote