New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Citori 16ga
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A week ago I bought a new Citori Superlight in 16ga and have been kind of anxious to try it out. I never have had an English stock gun and really didn't know if I would like it. I bought the gun more for collection since Browning makes so few 16 O/U's which I dearly love.
Anyway, I got Ben out this morning to work his nose a little on some quail. The birds were pretty scarce. We only managed to flush up one covey. I did get to fire two shots and had two birds in the bag. The SL handles beautiful. I get to try it out on pheasant in two weeks if the weather will let us.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on you purchase. I am a 16 fanatic. I have had a Citori Lightning 16 for many years. I got one of the initial run of 16 Citoris. Its still my favorite shotgun. However, I am tempted by one of the new Superlights, or maybe a Superlight Feather. Not that I need another gun, but its sure tempting.

Posts: 224 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 13 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You better get that 16 while you can. I plan on getting another in the near future. I passed up two different Gran Lightnings last year and have been kicking myself ever since. I'm looking at getting a 525 and Lightning Feather. Had my hands on a 525 Sporting 16 last week. Sure is tempting to whip the plastic out. Birthday is coming up soon clap.

Texas Verminator
Verminator Predator Calls Pro Staff

Posts: 261 | Location: Big Spring, Texas | Registered: 16 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new 16. I,ve used an old Ithaca sxs 16 for years and it remains one of my favorites. Took up reloading them about 15 yr ago as I thought they might become extinct. Glad they're coming back. ENJOY

Posts: 373 | Location: Atlanta.GA | Registered: 07 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JOE MACK
posted Hide Post
Nice shotty and GSP! I've taken a liking to the 16, too. I've got a Citori Lightning, an Ithaca 37, and a Winchester Model 12. Ballistic Products catalog is my bible because of them.

JOE MACK aka The .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

I am the punishment of God…
If you had not committed great sins,
God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you. (GENGHIS KHAN)

Posts: 403 | Location: PRK | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote