THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Unique quail species from the jungles of Yucatan

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unique quail species from the jungles of Yucatan
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Here is the Yucatan Black Throated quail that I hunted in the jungle. They were in smaller coveys of 3 to 8 birds. Real fast fliers and disappeared in the jungle very very quickly.

Beautiful little birds here is the male.

Here is the female.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
I am speachless, as you now I am not a bird hunter (yet) but it's always a pleasure to see your posts.

Thanks, thanks a lot.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wait and Enjoy every post of yours. I learn
more everytime you post. I ordered the book and wait to see your trophy room. You are truly the BIRD MAN. I hope to collect 1/4 to 1/2 what you have.

Keep them coming Thanks

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of b0400879
posted Hide Post
Bears some striking resemblence to the Mearn's quail, which is native to SW US & N. Mexico.

Posts: 86 | Location: Seychelles | Registered: 04 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@Lorenzo
Thanks much, hopefully I will keep you entertained for a long time Smiler

@blaser93
Whatever I have learned in the past...I share freely with my fellow hunters/shooters. Glad you find my posts of value...that makes it all worthwhile.

@b0400879
Agreed, there is resemblance between the species but the head shape is quite different. Also, a fully grown Mearn's is a lot bigger in size than a Yucatan Black-throated.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote