THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    what phs do when they arent hunting africa -

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

what phs do when they arent hunting africa -
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted
sitting in the airport watching the news to see if santiago airport will be open for us to land tommorow on our way to cordoba !!

I have two Browning Citori 625 Sporting Clays 20ga, 2.75", 30" ported bbls over/under shotguns: should do the trick from what i hear ..

many thanks to collector for some great advice-

will post all the pics and story when i get back - i have wanted to do this ever since i first heard about it and now i know what it feels like for an elephant hunter sitting at the airport waiting to get on the big flight !!!!

A good sleep tonight will be kindly sponsored by ambien !!!

wish me luck !

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Have a safe trip, hope they get the Santiago airport opened up for you all.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
sitting in the airport watching the news to see if santiago airport will be open for us to land tommorow on our way to cordoba !!

I have two Browning Citori 625 Sporting Clays 20ga, 2.75", 30" ported bbls over/under shotguns: should do the trick from what i hear ..

many thanks to collector for some great advice-

will post all the pics and story when i get back - i have wanted to do this ever since i first heard about it and now i know what it feels like for an elephant hunter sitting at the airport waiting to get on the big flight !!!!

A good sleep tonight will be kindly sponsored by ambien !!!

wish me luck !

Ivan,

you may want to use a semi auto berretta after a while, even in 20 ga. that o/u may beat you up a bit. Its not uncommon to fire 1000 rds a day there. Happy shooting, drinking and eating. The wines and meats should be outstanding.

Posts: 17 | Location: Miami, FL | Registered: 11 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ivan I am looking forward to your report as we will be going next year and I would love to follow up personally just to see how it went and what is best done to maximize enjoyment of the trip. We are looking for ducks and Perdiz over pointers so please keep your eyes open!!!

Bob Clark

Posts: 330 | Location: Vanderhoof'British Columbia | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Take care brother. good hunting! As always patriot

The more people I get to know, the more I love my dog!

Posts: 117 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 26 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun time.

Am looking forward to the story of your hunt when you return.

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
You will have a great time and look forward to seeing your report! I just got back from Uruguay last week with some clients and we had a blast! Shot so many birds my shoulder still hurts!

Cameron Kulbeth
Adam Clements Safari Trackers
cameron@safaritrackers.com
www.safaritrackers.com
806-786-5885

Posts: 23 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
never got there men , we were meant to go through santiago and it never opened for us , we have rescheduled to april ... disappointed but thats the way these things are ..

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
What a disapointment. But, certainly understandible considering current events.

What outfitter are you hunting with?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote