New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Dove Outfitter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a chance to go on a free dove hunt to Argentina. I get to pick the ranch, outfitter, whatever you want to call the place where one shoots birds. Since I am not paying, I don't care about price. I am not gloating or trying to be a smarty-pants. Please let me know of places you have used or would recommend and why. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 831 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 28 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Los Chanares. Been 3 times. Headed there again in July. More birds that one can imagine. The lodge and hunting on on their property. Less than a 5 minute drive. Incredible lodge. Fantastic food. owned by an American from Miami.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I would contact Russ Gould of Network Retailing LLC. He posts here as Russ Gould. He has an outfitter in Argentina for doves, pigeon, upland game birds and waterfowl. Plus, I think Russ was working out a deal on hunting varmints after the day hunting that come into the shooting fields to pick up the birds missed at night.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Our setup is definitely NOT one of those over-the-top places with the fancy formal dinners and free cigars etc. Just good home-cooked food, good Argentine wines, comfortable accommo, and fantastic shooting for doves, pigeons, perdiz and (in the early season) ducks. It's really for the guy who wants great value for his hard-earned dollars, personal attention, and who wants to get away from the Cordoba crowds.

Email me your address if you are interested, I'll send you a DVD that will give you a pretty decent idea of what to expect.

Russ Gould - Whitworth Arms LLC
BigfiveHQ.com, Large Calibers and African Safaris
Doublegunhq.com, Fine English, American and German Double Rifles and Shotguns
VH2Q.com, Varmint Rifles and Gear

Posts: 2928 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Russ-

Could I get a copy also?

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Despite the argentinian men... Argentine is a wonderful country, great wines, beatiful women, great sceneries, fantastic places for all type of hunting, etc.
You will not regret visiting it.
Good luck
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
We have a family operation in Cordoba .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the suggestions and information. I look forward to heading down that way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ, whereabouts is your operation in Argentina? I have several buddies interested in this.

Posts: 1084 | Registered: 21 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the input of outfitters to my question. The person paying for the trip has to delay -- I did not want to be some flake with this post. I appreciate the time and will be in touch when I can make more solid plans.