New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alberta guiding pictures
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys. Just got done our season guiding here in Alberta. Tons of birds this year and with the water we have next year will be even better. Hope you enjoy these pics.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nube,
No wonder no ducks are here in Oklahoma, you shot them all.
Wow!

Posts: 10218 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Great pics nube, I enjoyed seeing them all! Looks like you had a fantastic season.
David

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6805 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. jsut wish I had a few more clients so i could keep my butt out there longer. It's only been 3 weeks and i am itching for next year already. I might have to go and shoot a few myself i guess as I am starting to twitch lol

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nube,
Check your email.

Posts: 10218 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sent you one back.
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Congrats on putting your sports on some good gunning; looks like you know what you're doing, and your customers got their money's worth!

That said, and this is *not* to be taken as a shot, but I did notice that there are a large number of hens taken. I lost count at around 100 when casually counting suzie mallards. I have no problem with it, but confess I am curious: with the numbers of limits you show, is there any particular reason you don't suggest your sports try to bust drakes only? I ask in part because it's pretty obvious you're putting folks on good spots, with plenty of birds, so why not focus on drakes only if at all possible?

Anyway, great jobbie.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Wow...looks like you hammered them pretty good. If only Phil Robertson were to see these pics he will have a bird Big Grin he thinks all Northerners are killing "his" mallards....ha ha ha... I get a kick out of it every time he gets upset.

Kamo Gari
In defense of nube...they don't have 10% of the hunters in Canada as there are in US. Add to that that their season is fairly short as compared to ours...I doubt that hunters in Canada put any dent in the overall population even if they are shooting more hens.

P.S. I wonder how many eclipse drakes are in these pics ? Grass looks green so it must have been September or early October up there.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes , it may look like a lot of hens but it is not like you think. We hunt Sept1 -Ocober 15th. I don't like going much longer than this as the freez up may start and hunters prefer nicer weather. Our deer season also starts up November 1.
Birds don't start to get color till about the end of Sept or even into the first week of October when the northerns come down. It is pretty hard to sit there and only pick drakes especially for a lot of guys who only shoot a couple times at home and see the very few birds they do in the U.S. It would even be tough for me to pick them out as well.

Also , this year I could count 4 groups of resident hunters I saw this year and only head shooting once while sitting in the blind. We don't get pressure on the birds here. That is why the gunning is so good.

Rod Haydel is a friend of mine and has hunted with us for years. He says it is nice to not have to blow a call at them liek he does back home. He says when you do blow it they actually respond as well which is nice to be able to do that.
It is a different game than hunting pressured birds. More relaxing and lots of action up close.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the explanation, and again, great job.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
I bet those two labs have a ton of experience.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tons is the right word.lol
They only pick up a couple thousand birds in a short month and a half to 2 months. My yellow lab is 9 years old and is about done. I would love to know how many birds he has picked up in his life.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Still have 2 spots open for 2011 season. One is in opening week and the other is a little later in September. The rest are all booked for the year already.

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Great photos ,i loved your lab ,thanks FOR SHARING

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow those are some beautiful looking birds!

Peter

Posts: 120 | Location: Oshkosh, WI | Registered: 21 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've hunted a number of times in late Sept and the birds just don't have the color to pick drakes from hens. Every once in awhile you can get them colored up but it's rare. Once on the ground you can tell which is which but in the air, it's nearly impossible. Looks like a good season. What area do you hunt. I've hunted some around Manning and up in the Brooks area many times.

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry NoCAL, i have not looked at this thread for a bit. My area is an hour from Edmonton. The honkers are all monsters till the little ones come in from up north in October.
The specks are getting to be outstanding as well and most big shoots we have thousands of birds in a shoot. I would say we don't bother with a speck shoot unless there are 4-5thousand birds in a shoots. It is pretty wild.
Got a few more pictures as well a while back that I don't think I posted.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I may need to try this one day .

Posts: 11999 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HAHA Larry, I got jelouse watching your video of you in Argentina with your boys. What a fun time that looked like. We are lucky up here to be able to have such good bird hunting. You are invited anytime Larry and thanks again for sending the videos of your hunts up to me. Can't wait till i get to Zim.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Your hunts look absolutely incredible. You are now firmly in my bucket list if I am in your area during duck season. I fact I was in Chicago in Sept 2007 Y Nov 2008..... You should do a video along with your sheep and deer hunting!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I actually have a few videos. I put hunts together for Bill Saiff and had his team come up for years to do the show Cabin country. Him and Rod Haydel hunted with me for years to do Cabin country and then the show ended.
Rod then hooked up with Charles Snapp another big name from the Deep south and we filmed for Waterfowler T.V for another couple years till the recesion hit and wiped everyone out.
Rod had talked about starting something else up again but need to get the right contracts and we will see if it can happen.

It is real tough to put a good show together and it is a lot of pressure to produce for sure. I like it though. It was nice to always get a copy of the hunts and the final product. Good memories from it.

I would love to have deer and sheep footage but to be honest it would be too much work and it would take the enjoyment out of my hunt to try and get it all on film.

Glad you liek the pics. I plan on a new camera or 2 this year and have promised myself to take more pictures. Some of my guides don't take good pics or none at all so I miss out on a lot and will at least buy a couple cheap cameras for them this year.

I want an SLR and get some good pics of birds and pics other than dead birds as well.
Stay tuned!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn!!! That's some serious waterfowling...BUT....

The best part of those pics are the satisfied Labs!!!

Nothing better than seeing dogs in the field doing what they do best!

Great stuff!

one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
great pictures ,marvelous dogs ,i enjoyed the post a lot ,thank you from Argentina .Juan Pablo Pozzi Zurbriggen .

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote