THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    "The Chicken Plucker Project"

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"The Chicken Plucker Project"
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Kenati
posted
I thought you boys would like these videos and step-by-step build instructions:

http://members.cox.net/chickenplucker/plucker.shtml

Posts: 1051 | Location: Dirty Coast | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
That is a pretty impressive machine and he did a nice build on it too!

When I was a kid I sure could have used a machine like that! Fortunately or unfortunately, those same experiences have virtually guaranteed that I will NEVER have use for a machine this substantial in either the immediate or distant future!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice - I've never seen one of these. Do the vertical fingers inside go in one direction or do they oscillate back and forth?

Would such a machine work on pheasant and grouse?

I have never been able to pluck either without ripping off the skin.

Oxon

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
This should answer the questions:

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's the principle as a potato peeler!! Cool idea! Just think the Chinese could use it to get feathers for pillows without killing the chickens first, but it would be a hell of a ride for the chickens. Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark- thanks but I did see that video and cannot tell if the fingers are oscillating or if the central group is moving the other direction - the chickens are all going in one direction but that doesn't tell us how the fingers are moving.

Can y ou tell me verbally how the fingers move?

Will it work for pheasant and grouse?

Oxon