THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Easy Bird Hunt for a Deserving Kid???

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Easy Bird Hunt for a Deserving Kid???
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Triple4
posted
A woman I work with has a nephew who has just finished a round of "chemo" that was unsuccessful...
I understand the family has a couple bird dogs and the young man and his Dad enjoyed bird hunting before his brain cancer diagnosis.

The family is planning a last minute, 2 week trip "west" before Christmas to see the country and hopefully squeeze in a little bird hunting with sightseeing, camping, whatever....

The trip will start in Pittsburgh, PA and the family is looking for ideas to give their a son an inexpensive do-it-yourself "Make-A-Wish" trip...

I would appreciate any ideas that I can relay for relatively easy, inexpensive, do-it-yourself bird hunting along the route west.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

Posts: 1309 | Location: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: 17 May 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know about inexpensive but South Dakota would be the place for a pheasant hunt. You could contact a few outfitters and maybe they could help with a deal?

Posts: 1013 | Location: Imperial, NE | Registered: 05 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DLS
posted Hide Post
Where in the west will they be going? Might be able to help out if they’ll get to Idaho or California.

Posts: 3857 | Location: California | Registered: 01 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Triple4
posted Hide Post
I'll find out Monday if there's a general plan and circle back...Thanks!

Posts: 1309 | Location: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: 17 May 2014Reply With Quote