New
Find
Notify
Tools

SA bird hunting seasons
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know a readable or printable page showing open bird seasons in SA (and by district if applicable)

COUNTRYSPORTS.
Established 1984. Web sites: www.countrysports.co.uk & www.fishinginuk.co.uk SCOTLAND, ENGLAND, POLAND, SOUTH AFRICA

Posts: 95 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, i have some of it. Which province are you interested in?

Posts: 27 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To avoid collating the seasons from the different provinces, I was hoping there would be a web source which showed the lot - all combined on one page ....if that was possible.
Do you know any web links - even if it's with seasons province by province on different pages?

COUNTRYSPORTS.
Established 1984. Web sites: www.countrysports.co.uk & www.fishinginuk.co.uk SCOTLAND, ENGLAND, POLAND, SOUTH AFRICA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is no single website I know of. It is a hassle to get the info out of the government this "early" in the year. I do constant enquiries until I get it eventually.

I Shoot mainly in the Eastern Cape and Freestate Provinces. As a general rule my clients can shoot as follow:
Greywing Partridge: 3 April - 31 July 2010;
Guineafowl & Francolin: end of April - end of August;
Doves & Pigeons: Year round with a peak from March to mid-June;
Geese: 1 Jan - 31 - Aug with a peak during May to August;
Ducks: 1 May - 31 Aug;
Ostrich: Year round

www.karoowingshooting.co.nr

Posts: 27 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 11 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
www.wingshooters.co.za. They should be able to assist.

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had laready looked at their site (hence my question!) but their season calendar page http://www.wingshooters.co.za/calendar.php cannot be read . So it's nae use!!

COUNTRYSPORTS.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote