THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Argentina Doves - Part 1 (Aerial Perfection)

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Argentina Doves - Part 1 (Aerial Perfection)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Took some pics of flying doves in Argentina. I will add them to this thread as time permits. Hope you enjoy.

This species is called Golden-eared dove and it is very very similar in size and plumage to our Mourning Dove.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
GREAT picture !!!!!

Keep sending more.

Here in Uruguay we also have the spotted wing pigeon and the picazuro pigeon (bigger than the spotted), do you also have any picture of them ?
They are beatiful birds also.

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an excellent dove picture, congratulations!

Posts: 76 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@Lorenzo
Thanks, glad you enjoyed that picture. Sun was just perfect and the birds were pouring out of the roost. I took quite a few pics and this one sort of is my favorite. Ok so the two birds that you requested...here they are (sorry I do not have inflight pics of these as back in my younger days I was more interesting in hunting than photography Smiler

Spot-winged Pigeon
This bird I actually shot in Peru at an elevation of 9,500 feet. It is at the taxidermist and I will post pics when I get him back.

Picazuro Pigeon
This guy I shot in BA province of Argentina a few years back. They are gigantic...I placed an eared dove right next to it for comparison sake. Sorry for the not so great picture, it is pretty old.

@Brant
Thanks, glad you approved. I just saw your pics on the Pigeon thread....great pics. Nicely done !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote