New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wild Bird Flu?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've seen alot of unsettling news on TV latley about the "bird flu". People are getting flu shots left, right and centre trying to protect themselves against this so called pandemic. What I'm wondering, and am very worried about, is the condition of the migratory birds next season and what they're carrying. I mean, Canada and the United States may be taking every precaution against this virus, but what of the other countries these birs migrate to? Will the traditional bird hunt enjoyed by so many for hundreds of years (or since the invention of the Mossberg 500!) be changed or lost forever? I for one do not wish to get a flu and perish, but neither do I wish to hang up my shotguns.

Arctic Gun

Posts: 91 | Location: North of sixty | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of invader66
posted Hide Post
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5421043/m/242108553

Off the Europe forum, We are all worried. What i
see on the news is confusing at best. Having lived in Asia i know when they clean the birds they sleep in the same room with they are not sanatary about it. These people are the high risk. Our birds, I do not think anyone has a clue what will happen. I think we are ok this year but as you state, what about when they come back from SA and Mexico.

Semper Fi
WE BAND OF BUBBAS
STC Hunting Club

Posts: 1684 | Location: Walker Co,Texas | Registered: 27 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a photo of a dead mallard in the U.K. the other day, supposedly died of flu. It will be 'interesting' to see what transpires once they find it in migrating birds in North America.
It can't be good.
C.G.B.