Find
Notify
Tools

Duck Mounts are headed home!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of graybird
posted
I received an email today with pictures of my duck mounts from the '08-'09 season.

Here is my 12 year old banded mallard. He was banded Sept. 16, 1997 near Upham, North Dakota. I killed him on Jan. 12, 2009 north of Vicksburg, Mississippi. Just think how many times he made it up and down the flyway until some idiot redneck shot him! hilbily

Wood Duck pair:

Hooded Merganser pair:

I hope you enjoy.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous mounts....all of them.....and the story behind the greenhead mount is killer!

As an aside, I have a beautiful Hoodie mount that I'll post up for comparison. Eeker

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Gorgeous mounts....all of them.....and the story behind the greenhead mount is killer!

As an aside, I have a beautiful Hoodie mount that I'll post up for comparison. Eeker

Post up pics, yes, please. The woodie with the nail hanging out of his head is also a real winner!

Very nice work on the birds, and agree that the story of the greenhead is a good one. Congrats!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dugga-Boy Duck! That mallard is so cool it makes me want to dust off my long gun and jump some desert ponds next winter.

Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 89 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
By popular demand....and for comparison sake(and it took a LOT of extra work to get the neck just right):

I'll see if I can get one up of the eider with the nail sticking out of his head.....hell of a story behind that one too.....how many times have you shot a duck with a nail sticking out of it's head? dancing

And sorry for the hijack. Big Grin

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Norton,

They look like mirror images of each other!!!

Graybird

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
I have no idea why, but I never tire of seeing that. Sort of like rubbernecking at a bad auto wreck, I guess: you're just sort of drawn to it...

Big Grin

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Those are some first-class mounts, graybird!

Norton, PLEASE post a picture of the one with the nail anda little background story...

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Unforgetable Hunting
posted Hide Post
Graybird,
What you posted here is pure art ... Congratulations!!!!

Posts: 599 | Location: Romania, Europe | Registered: 29 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
graybird,

Congratulations....beautiful mounts....looks like Todd Huffman's handywork.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Todd Huffman is correct. I picked up the moutns today and the pictures don't show all of the detail in the base, water, rocks, aquatic weeds, etc.

I'll try to take some closer pictures and post soon.

Graybird

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
I have a few birds that were done by Todd...he is a good taxidermist !!! As good as he is with waterfowl...he is even better at upland birds !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I was in Todd's workshop today for about an hour discussing possibly doing some Africa birds for me. He was working on a pheasant flushing.

He'll be getting all of my bird work henceforth.

Graybird

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote