New
Find
Notify
Tools

First birds
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My six-month-old Llewellin Setter pointed his first birds today and I didn't even get to see him do it. I was on the tractor doing a little light brush clearing at my wife's home-place. She and my daughter drove up after I had been working a few hours and let the dog out of the back of the SUV and took him for a run around the back side of the place. After about an hour they came walking down a steep, wooded hillside close to where I was working. I noticed they were both grinning and waving, but I didn't think any thing about it. When I came in a few minutes later, my daughter said, "guess what?" When I couldn't guess, she told me all about it. She said he was very intense, and stayed on point for a good thirty seconds before they went in the brush and flushed the birds. Sounds like he was very staunch and pretty stylish. After the deer hunters are gone (middle January) I'll get him into some more wild birds.

Posts: 117 | Location: Middle GA | Registered: 26 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Harris,
Sorry you missed seeing it. It is a memory they will not likely forget. Enjoy your dog. I had two and they are the best breeds as far as I am concerned. What line did you get? Is he belton, tri, or what? Wished we had birds here in central Kentucky.