Find
Notify
Tools

Monster Geese of ICELAND
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Pics from our Iceland Goose hunt are ready. Iceland is a short flight from Boston. Friendly English speaking people and food is awesome. You will have the opportunity to hunt Graylag Geese and Pink-footed Geese on this trip. Greenland Specklebelly Geese are there but are currently closed. Barnacle Geese are far and few....if some outfitter is selling you a Barnacle Goose hunt in Iceland...please be ware of the false marketing.

I will post the puddle duck pics and seabird shooting adventure pics in separate albums.

If you have not already done so, please join our Facebook page and you will get notification every time a new picture album from around the world is posted.

Please click on the Facebook link below to get to our main site. Thank You for your continued support...we have made some excellent friends/clients through AR Forum.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand your website - when I click on bird hunting I see the Iceland hunt but there is no further info - nothing else to click on except the photo and that only enlarges it with no more info regarding the hunt.

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
We are trying to keep the website as concise as possible.

- Sporting Clays Events
- Hunting Reports
- Pictures Blog

are on Facebook. Here is the direct link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/...-USA/134804423245593

The Facebook blog helps us keep our friends updated with our pictures and reports directly from the field. We can update the Facebook blog directly from iPhone or Mac Air on the go.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, but you've "concised" out any info on the Iceland hunts.

Doesn't appear to be anything on Facebook about them either.

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
If something interests you please feel free to send an email to info@elitehuntingusa.com and we will send you a customized package with pricing and detailed info.

Will need the following from you to get started:
- Name
- Phone Number
- Return Email

Actually we prefer to interact via Facebook. That way we know who we are dealing with. Sending out pricing info to competitors and desk hunters has cost us a lot of time in the past and we have become quite conservative about sending pricing to anonymous aliases. Actually we may end up sending pricing info only via Facebook in the future.

We like to deal with like minded, select clientele, our services are not for everybody, hence we will not be able to appease everyone for which I apologize.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will note that I didn't ask about pricing - I was trying to learn about your hunts and am not really interested in problems you might have with your competitors.

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
I posted 27 pictures along with text explaining the hunt and what you can expect. If anyone needs further details of any sorts please email us or send a message via Facebook and I will be happy to assist.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I was interested and checked out both as well and lost interest pretty fast. Not much for pictures to show success. I would have liked to have seen a little more as well. That is my 2 cents with no disrespect to you.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Success means different things to different people.

This picture here is all about success in my book. To put a client on a trophy Pink-footed Goose....the smile tells the story, not me.

Or may be success is defined by numbers....no limit on Geese in Iceland....we only stopped because we had enough specimens to pick for taxidermy.

Or maybe success is defined by location....how far away from the same old beaten path you can shoot species you may have only seen in books before.

If someone has a different definition of success....say 8 geese per day with 16 in possession then that is perfectly fine as well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not trying to belabor the point or be a dork about it, but pictures of guys with birds tells me nothing about the hunt. Where and when? How long? Accommodations?

Success is more than bagging the limit.

We have had all this back-and-forth and I still have no idea what it is you offer.

You're the guy selling a product and I'm the guy who might want to buy it and I really don't want to have to beat the info out of you! I'm busy, too!

Oxon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector:
If something interests you please feel free to send an email to info@elitehuntingusa.com and we will send you a customized package with pricing and detailed info.

Will need the following from you to get started:
- Name
- Phone Number
- Return Email

Maybe I'm missing something here Oxon.....what is it about this post you don't understand? I recall a thread on the hog hunting forum where your feelings were bruised over some good-natured joking......here it just seems that you're being difficult for no reason.

Collector, just imagine if his hunt doesn't go perfectly...... Roll Eyes

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Ha ha ha....we have a breakthrough FINALLY !!! Oxon asks "specific" questions...and I will be delighted to answer them although I usually do not respond to these inquiries unless the person introduces him/herself and sends us their real name and a phone number Big Grin

So to answer your questions:

Where ?
Iceland

When ?
Right before the Geese leave Iceland to winter in Europe and Southern Europe. Timing is crucial for Pink-footed Geese as their numbers are low. Greylag Geese are more forgiving. September/October is the best time to go.

How Long ?
Geese only 3 days will be plenty....6 hunts total. One in AM and one in PM. You can also add puddle duck hunting to the package (daily rate is the same as geese) and pick up some European species such as Tufted Duck, Eurasian Wigeon, Eurasian Greenwing Teal. Also can add one or two days for seabird shooting (that is not a hunt...it is a shoot as you will shoot couple of hundred rounds in a day and your shoulder may want a break). So minimum 3 days....maximum 6 days or as long as you would like to stay there. Reykjavic has awesome thermal spas and you can choose to stay there for a day or more and relax.

Accomodation ?
To equate in US terms....usually in bed and breakfast type hotels in the hunting area. Say about 3 star. Clean rooms, with heated floors, all meals are included in the package.

Oxon....please feel free to ask any other questions Smiler

@Norton
I have been burnt over and over again by desk hunters in the past. With Facebook and Social Media things are changing (in a positive way)....and I say it is about time we start interacting with each other as real people.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Collector. I have responded to your e-mail address.

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Thank you Oxon, will respond later today along with answers to questions.

Please check out this short video I just finished editing. Try to watch it in full screen if possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywf_RXbxqSs

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collector, great job on the videos! You have a very good thing going. I have a couple questions for you.

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Oxon & nube

Information sent to your emails. Please feel free to get in touch any time if you have any other questions.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collector- thank you very much - I have received and reviewed your info and appreciate receiving it.

Oxon

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
I received a few emails with people inquiring about the Iceland lodge pics. The place is cozy, like a bed and breakfast. Vladimir Putin (Prime Minister of Russia) stays in this lodge when he comes to Iceland for Goose Hunting. Of course they take up the whole lodge when he comes. It is the best lodge in the area hands down.

Please feel free to ask any other questions and I will respond as long as you contact me via email with your real name and not an alias. You can say that Facebook has totally changed the way we conduct our business now. The interaction with inquiring minds is much more civil this way.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I'm not really much of a bird hunter......

But I do like reading your threads, always interesting. Smiler

Good stuff.

Posts: 444 | Location: Hudson Valley | Registered: 07 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very interesting, indeed ... Might have added on to my bucket list ... tu2

Posts: 1538 | Location: Alberta/Namibia | Registered: 29 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
very ,very intersting im a big fam of bird hunting and i enjoy your photos a lot .Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@dinsdale, scruffy, juanpozzi,

Thanks for your kind words, greatly appreciated.

Here is a comparison picture of the two species we hunt. I will post more pics on this thread as soon as the birds get back from the taxidermy shop.

one of us
posted Hide Post
what about Ptarmigan?

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@Mario
Sure you can hunt Rock Ptarmigan in Iceland. We saw a bunch feeding while we were out hunting waterfowl but you can dedicate half a day or full day if you want and pursue them. Also, you are allowed to hunt 3 Arctic Foxes per person on the trip. You can alter the waterfowl program and set a day aside (or add a day) and pursue Ptarmigan for half a day and Arctic fox for another half.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by collector:

A stuffed GANNET? lol. Now I've seen everything. Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Oh crap! I was hoping to see vampire geese with fangs or some with bolts in their necks and elevator boots!

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
collector

have you ever hunted these birds in the uk? Towards the end of the year all the duck species will be in full plumage and you can really pick up some stunning specimins.

i shot a cracking european shoveler drake last year that i sadly have no picture of.

iceland is on my list of places to hunt. i really want to go on a puffin hunt there.

rgds
k

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@Fallow Buck
Birds in UK are pretty much on the same plumage cycle as birds in North America and I have been very lucky to have hunted birds in Scotland as well as shot Sporting Clays at couple of venues in England. Had a chance to see Mr. George Digweed and Mr. Richard Faulds shoot Sporting and it was something I will never forget.

Best place to shoot Puffins is very close to Reykjavic and if you want to bring some back for taxidermy then go right around end of April and they will be in good plumage. Unfortunately we cannot bring them back into the United States for taxidermy purpose but you should have no restrictions on bringing back any of the Auk species into UK. Drop me a line any time you would like to go and I will set the trip up for you.

Regards

Oz