Find
Notify
Tools

Louisiana duck hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Zoboomafoo_dude
posted
I'm looking for suggestions if anyone has been on a guided hunt in southern Louisiana recently. My dad has never been hunting before and I want to take him out this fall for ducks. I've found some website links, but if anyone could share some first hand experience it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 93 | Location: New Orleans, LA | Registered: 08 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zoboomafoo_dude:
I'm looking for suggestions if anyone has been on a guided hunt in southern Louisiana recently. My dad has never been hunting before and I want to take him out this fall for ducks. I've found some website links, but if anyone could share some first hand experience it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your help.

http://www.hackberryrodandgun.com/

I've used them half a dozen times - Easy to fly into Lake Charles airport, they have good accomodation, good food. My son and I have limited out on all but one hunt. They can even arrange for an afternoon fishing trip if you like.

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I see you're from New Orleans. Are you wanting to stay on that side of the state? I do have a good friend who guides for Acadiana Ambulance, and he and his brother have some private land they guide on. It is around Grand Cheniere though. He hasn't got a website, but I hunt with them and it is top notch. A couple of those hunts rank among the top few duck hunts of my life. You can hunt in blue jeans and tennis shoes if you like, as the blinds are nice and they use good dogs. I'd hold off on booking just yet, though, until we see what the marsh is going to look like this fall, with all the oil and whatnot. PM me if you'd like his contact info.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote