THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Seaduckers are Made, not Born: Just add Salt

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seaduckers are Made, not Born: Just add Salt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted
For the time being I'm just going to share with folks here a little pictorial essay, as it were, of the past few days, as I've a bit of minor league sleep deprivation to address shortly.

Some may recognize a couple of the rogues-players in the images, but that matters not one way or t'other. I'm just tickled to have been able to play a part, small as it was, to introduce a couple of fascinating and tremendous guys to a bit of what I do and adore here. What an absolute blast I had. And so without much more further adieu....

Thanks for the giggles, comraderie, friendship and memories, gentlemen.

KG

****WARNING: SOME SALTY LANGUAGE IN VIDEO. PROCEED AT OWN RISK AND DISCRETION.*******

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go, old boy! When all else fails....put a hurtin' on the sea ducks. Pitiful the lack of ducks inland and coastal currently.....these next few nights of teens oughta bring a few our way me thinks.

Wish I could've joined in.....then we could've keel-hauled the scruffy captain.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sevenxbjt
posted Hide Post
Wonderful pictures. Looks like a great time. I've never had a chance to hunt sea ducks but I will have to someday. Looks like you guys ate okay too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just all around excellent. Love the seaducks.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys. It was a most excellent time in general, but as it had the 'Hollywood' factor it was even more fun. Those guys are great fun, and hilarious to boot. I'll get a little write-up posted up soon.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
I felt cold as hell just looking at those photos. It looks like you boys earned every duck you shot. Wink When I was younger, I didn't think it was a real hunt unless at least one of us got wet and cold. Thankfully, I've gotten over the "you have to suffer to have fun" thing.

Glad to see that you Yanks know how to eat well in camp. Half of us just go to the camp for the food (and drink). Wink

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
camo ,
you put on an awesome spread my friend way and beyond the call of duty a pleasure to hunt with a true fanatic duck man ... thanks to all on your "team" who busted their butts to make it all possible.

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Actually, it was downright balmy, from 40F-60F, which sucked for the coastal puddle duck hunting, as there has not been any real migration of birds yet. That will change very soon, as we're getting snow and sub-freezing temps finally.

Pretty soon the marsh will look like this, though, and that's when the real fun starts!

I hope Ivan and Josh make it back when we get socked in by a blast like this. Then we will see who cries!

Ivan, we had a ball, and it was my pleasure. Gimme' a ring as you're able and I'll send your birds over. Next year, we'll get the timing right, and there'll be a whole lot more shooting on your part, and less crying on mine! Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That one picture looks like someone in a hot tub.
I'm scared to ask what the heck the object is in the middle of the photo ???

Posts: 408 | Location: morgan city, LA | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brad may:
That one picture looks like someone in a hot tub.
I'm scared to ask what the heck the object is in the middle of the photo ???

That's a rubber ducky, and a shot at me in disguise. We spent the first two days hunting in awful conditions, with zero birds to show for it. Ivan went into the tub and said something along the lines of, 'at least I can get my hands on ONE duck this trip!"

A right swine he is! Smiler

One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a rubber ducky, and a shot at me in disguise.

not much disguise !!! anyway needless to say day three more than made up for it , after all hunting is hunting and whats duck hunting without some bad weather

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
quote:
not much disguise !!! anyway needless to say day three more than made up for it , after all hunting is hunting and whats duck hunting without some bad weather

ps watch this space for some equally funny pictures of our duck hunting guide !!!

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Wow...great pics, video and report.

Ivan, word is already spreading like wildfire in the waterfowl community about your seaduck hunt. Hunting on big water is not for the weak of heart....Nicely Done. Hats off to you sir !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ivan carter:
quote:

ps watch this space for some equally funny pictures of our duck hunting guide !!!

Oh, no... CRYBABY

Before you go crazy with that, let's remember who still has your birds, chumly. Accidents do happen, y'know! Wink knife wave rotflmo

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Nicely done, guys!

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice old Squaws. Wonder if were going to have to change the name of the duck so as we don't offend the natives!

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by twilli:
Nice old Squaws. Wonder if were going to have to change the name of the duck so as we don't offend the natives!

Already done; look at your stamp. Called 'long-tailed ducks' now. Roll Eyes

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Didn't know Zim elephant hunters could hit ducks from a rocking boat! Good show!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bwanamrm:
Didn't know Zim elephant hunters could hit ducks from a rocking boat! Good show!
\

Well it took some practice, but they sorted the leads and corrections out before we ran through the *whole* case of shells. Smiler Note that Ivan did his shooting with a borrowed double. Well of course he did... Wink