Notify
Tools

Winter Birds (Pics) !!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of collector
posted
Pics I took after the most recent snow.

Grackles have the most unbelievable iridescent colors on them....sun hit this bird and it just lit up.

Grackle with an attitude....they can be quite mean and feisty to other species.

Female on top, male on bottom....they hang out with other "blackbirds" like Grackles and Brown-headed Cowbirds.

A male cardinal soaking up some solar energy.

White-throated sparrows are crazy....they sing to the full moon at night. They usually migrate back up north as I do not see them around during summer.

White-crowned Sparrow.

Mourning doves....these guys are residents and stick around all year....no migration for them....fu**ers know they will be fed well Big Grin

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.....saw every one of those and more on the feeder last weekend down in VA on the Chesapeake.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@Norton
Hope you had some good food on the Chesapeake....I love Cream of Crab soup in winter Smiler

Some more winter birds.

Dark-eyed Junco

Tufted Titmouse

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Collector.....I was down there for a funeral but did manage to whip up some blue crab cakes....mostly crab meat is how I like 'em....jumbo lump......brought some home and gonna do a repeat today.....pics to follow.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
You making me hungry now Smiler