THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Anyone from Florida's Space-Coast?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone from Florida's Space-Coast?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted
I'll be in Melbourne in late March and was wondering if there are any hunting opportunities in the area at that time? I'd be open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks!

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If late enough, it will be spring gobbler. Not a lot of bird hunting available except for ducks which will not be in season. Hogs are available and often plentiful all year round.

I think spring gobbler opens 3/19. Emphasis on I think.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of The Slug
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Larry. I looked into that but man, turkey hunting in FL is EXPENSIVE! I know it's a different sub-species but I'll just hunt turkeys here in NH for $16. I was hoping to find some place that had stocked birds but I'm not sure that's going to happen. Pig hunting may be the only viable option.

-+-+-

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - The Dalai Lama

Posts: 730 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There are some places with stocked birds. It would be a little bit of a drive.

All hunting on private land is expensive down here.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
I usually shoot Sporting Clays at this place (little bit South-West of Melbourne).

http://www.quailcreekplantation.com

Call them and ask for Fred Fanizzi...awesome guy and he will take care of all your needs. You should be able to hunt Quail and Pheasant in late March.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont forget gator hunting.
I have heard nothing but good things about
H and H gatorhunts. Don Hampton is his name.
Good luck.
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote