THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    40 years ago!!! Seems like yesterday!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40 years ago!!! Seems like yesterday!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
40 years ago today I was taken dove hunting for the first time at age 14. I remember the day well! All the shotguns we had in our household were an Iver Johnson .410 single barrel and an L.C. Smith 30" full and "fuller" special order gun that my Daddy had loaned someone $30.00 on and they couldn't pay it back and needed $35.00 more for so he gave them that for it(he had to borrow it from Grandpa to do the deal!!) Both guns are in my safe today! I took the LC Smith. I shot 37 times and killed 7 doves........more than the gys who took me. Today I went by myself at 4:00PM to a 30 acre field and shot 32 times and killed 9 birds.........using a modern day Remington, 1st year offered, 870 Special Purpose and handloads. % isn't great and I know that.........BUT....I was by myself and I do know that "you can't kill 'em if you don't shoot at 'em"!! But while in the field, I reflected on that 40 years! Seems like yesterday! I've had some great dove shoots and I've had years that weren't really memorable. I've had years where "ASTRA" my black lab was with me and nary a bird was lost. Astra is picking up doves and ducks in Heaven. I'm getting older and the shotguns are standing the test of time. And probably Monday night I will eat the doves I shot today and share them with my wife who has never eaten doves.........maybe next weekend she'll want to go hunting with me!! Just a few thoughts on a Saturday night folks! JUST HUNT!! Charlie (GHD)

Groundhog Devastation(GHD)

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
CONGRATULATIONS ,dove hunting is really is funniy ,you must come here and shoot some birds at my farm ,you will never forget that.

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6362 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote