THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM HAND RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Hand Rifles    Magnum Research Lone Eagles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Magnum Research Lone Eagles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any experience using these? I just bought one in 30-06 and like it. Anyone have a hidden stash or barrels?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought one in 444 Marlin and I love it!

It is the sleekest pistol out for decent size calibers in my opinion. I really can't believe they were discontinued. I really don't like the look of the Competitors...they look cheap compared to the Lone Eagle to me. I have the one with the newer style muzzle brake (with holes), in stainless, and a stainless Leupold 2-8 scope mounted.

I couldn't group it well with the factory trigger pull though. It is sitting at the gunsmith right now getting a 2lb trigger. No idea where to get the barreled actions anymore, I emailed MRI to no avail.

Maybe do a big-bore wildcat with that 30-06 if you like that sort of thing...

Posts: 25 | Location: Ottawa, IL | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 Lone Eagles. They are a good hundgun.
The Competitor is what the Lone Eagle wanted to be. They are the next step.
The only fault of the Lone Eagle is the trigger and Competitor has solved that.
I have only one Competitor, in 22-250ai and love it.

I am one gun away from being happy

Posts: 901 | Location: NW OH | Registered: 19 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a7mm-08 lone eagle that I use for deer hunting,great shooter,but right now I have a broken firing pin.anybody know of a gunsmith that works on lone eagles that can fix my problem ?

Posts: 3 | Location: so. milwaukee wisconsin | Registered: 14 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
My.358 works well for me. Packy

one of us
posted Hide Post
Magnum Research has parts

one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
i had one in 243. shot great. had a burris 2-7 scope on it and was able to hit a 4" gong at 200 yds. nearly every shot from a rest. it was a little rough on the hand, about 10 rounds and it got put away. no break. barrels come threaded though. I miss it.

Posts: 162 | Location: puyallup wa. | Registered: 24 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dale t:
I have a7mm-08 lone eagle that I use for deer hunting,great shooter,but right now I have a broken firing pin.anybody know of a gunsmith that works on lone eagles that can fix my problem ?
Call 1-800-772-6168 firing pin is $20

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just purchased my 5th Lone Eagle, this one in 223

one of us
posted Hide Post
Between bad weather and work keeping me busy I have just had the oppertunity to shoot my latest Lone Eagle in 223. It shoots ALMOST as good, not quite, as good as my XP-100 in 223. Perhaps load developement will equal them but for the first outting I was shooting a friends factory ammo.
I don't know why but I seem to like the Lone Eagle's more than most. The trigger can be gotten used to and I like the fact that I can have a shell chambered but the action not cocked.
This is my second new to me Lone eagle in about 6 weeks!
Now I need to find one in 7-08

one of us
Picture of Bullshooter
posted Hide Post
speaking of triggers, that was the biggest complaint on the one I had. Is your trigger stock or have you had it worked on?I think I am goin to start looking around for another one. Or two. I am thinking 223 and 280. I cant remember if they were offered in 280 but imagine a 7-08 could be rechambered.

Posts: 162 | Location: puyallup wa. | Registered: 24 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My triggers are stock but I do polish the trigger surface and the rod that it releases