ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Which states allows smokeless powder and/or scopes?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Which states allows smokeless powder and/or scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Which Western of Midwestern states allow:

1. Smokeless powder?
2. Scoped sights?

Thanks ahead of time for the info.

Regards, AIU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
here in pa the early season permits basicly anything , inlines, scopes, etc.
the late muzzleloader season is restricted to patched round balls, open sights and flint locks.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Arizona allows scopes and all inlines with a single barrel but not smokeless.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Missouri allows both. Kansas and Nebraska do not allow scopes with more than 1X power except during rifle season. Missouri tags are locally available as well at Wallyworld.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
minnesota allows smokeless and I heard a dnr official on the radio, who said scopes should be legal next year.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In wisconsin anything goes. Except any magnifying scope or sight except during regular rifle season. On my savage I have a 3x9 in detachable mounts. For rifle season I have the scope on come muzzelloader season two levers and the scope is off. I think any restriction is stupid unless we go to primitive seasons.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No restrictions on MLs in Ohio. Scopes and smokeless powder are legal during primitve weapons season as well as firearms season.

gd

posted Hide Post
Smokeless is allowed in IL, as well as scopes for any of the firearm seasons. Smokeless is also allowed during the ML only season.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What happened to "Primitive?"

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nevada allows in lines with iron sights and black powder or substitutes. Utah allows 1x scopes or similar red-type sights. What about New Mexico, Arizona, Idaho, Oregon, Wyoming, Montana, N. Dakota, S. Dakota, Kansas, Nebraska, etc.? Regards, AIU

posted Hide Post
In Illinois there never was anything called a "primitive" rifle season, although I'm sure other states have used the term.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Idaho you can not use smokless powder or scopes. Hopefully they never will. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on scopes, in-lines, pellets and sabots. But no smokeless.............wapiti7

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Colorado considers the muzzle loader season to be sort of a "Primitive Weapon" season. No scopes, no pellatized powder, no smokeless powder, no sabots, no scopes. They tried to outlaw inlines as well, but didn't get away with that. I kind of wish they would have been successful, but that's just my view.

If you want to use scopes, pellatized powder, smokeless powder, sabots, and scopes, the state of Colorado will allow you to use them, but only during the rifle season.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
North Dakota: No smokeless powder...No magnification on scopes - 1x/0x scopes are ok.

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Mighty Joe
posted Hide Post
Oklahoma allows all of the above. Scopes, sabo's, pellets, smokeless,etc....

Come enjoy a plentiful deear population and use what suites you.

Prayer, planning, preperation, perseverence, proper procedure, and positive attitude, positively prevents poor performance.

Posts: 910 | Location: Oakwood, OK, USA | Registered: 11 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
New York allows Inlines, and scopes, not sure about smokeless.

Posts: 43 | Location: Western NY | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
Missouri allows both. Kansas and Nebraska do not allow scopes with more than 1X power except during rifle season. Missouri tags are locally available as well at Wallyworld.

larrys is spot on...anything goes in my home state of Missouri and you don't need a special tag for the muzzle loader season plus you can buy all the doe tags you care to cary for 7$ each no limit in all North Missouri areas. That includes Kansas,Iowa,and Ill res. even if those nice next door nieghbors won't let me hunt on them as easy.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote