Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 10ML-II likes/dislikes?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Thanks Simon

John TN.

Posts: 68 | Location: Jasper Tennessee | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug's board is great for info.Just stay clean beyond belief while there. I mean dont even sip on a beer while typing or your out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
thats a fact,,,things got right nasty over there though when T Bridges blew that gun,,,,then they cracked down hard and still watching carefully. Good place to find out about the 10ml though

Hey charger any way to blow up those racks?????

my eyes arn't that good!

Location Western NC,,, via alot of other places,
One wife
Two kids
Three Glocks
and a couple cats.

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been shotting a 10ML II for a little over a year now. I have shot MANY rounds with it off the bench for testing. I will say that I have been extremely happy with the performance and range of possibilities with this gun. I also got huge amounts of help from Doug's message board in my early time with this gun. I went through all kinds of testing with loads and bullets ranging from loads at near the energy of .458 Win Mag to smaller, lighter bullets with double sabots. These loads offer a broad range of possible applications. The bottom line with this gun is that for a muzzleloader, it is very accurate, very flat shooting and easy to clean. I ended up hunting with a somewhat moderate load with good energy and range. I fired it twice during the season and ended up with two dead deer. That is the bottom line for me.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys please do me a favor.This sight will not allow me to start a full post for some prob with my compuker.But up here in canaduh,by word of mouth alone I have heard of 6 bulged savage barrels.I would truly like to start a post to find out A)is there anymore? B)What the hell is the common cause? I know that none I've heard of were double loaded or any other such foolishness.I'd like to know if theres a common thread.Thankyou.

one of us
posted Hide Post
The only bulged barrels I have heard of are from shooting ramrods left in the barrel and such.

Location Western NC,,, via alot of other places,
One wife
Two kids
Three Glocks
and a couple cats.

Posts: 376 | Location: Western, NC, USA | Registered: 29 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I would have to say that those accounts are mostly rumors. The guys on the Savage Muzzleloading message board haven't had that problem and they have put 1000s down the tubes of their ML10s. They also shoot some pretty hot loads that are above the recommended loads.

I've noticed that alot of rumors get started on this particular MLer just because alot of folks refuse to believe that smokeless can be put into a MLer. This rifle is not much different than your 45+ caliber magnum centerfires.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote