Find
Notify
Tools

Successful MuzzleLoader Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted
Where: Woodward County Oklahoma near the Kansas border.
Equipment: 50 Cal Thompson Omega, 3 Triple Seven Pellets, 250 grain Thompson Shock Wave Sabots.
Hunt: Passed up a few nice deer, including the 10 point on the left in the second photo which walked within 5 yards of me on my second morning hunt. On day four, I saw the buck I shot come running out of an alfalfa field down a hill towards my stand from about 3/4 of a mile away. He was in a dead sprint and several does had scattered with him as well. Through my binocs I could see a bunch of coyotes running around, which I guess spooked the deer. He closed the distance within about 20 seconds,and jumped over a 3 foot barb wired fence that separated a road from the wheat field I was hunting on. He wasn't slowing down for anyone, so I yelled out at him, and at 188 yards away he slowed to a trot right before he disappeared into the tamarac bushes, I aimed about two inches below the top of his shoulder and squeezed the trigger. The bullet hit him perfectly in the heart and lungs. He ran 20 yards into the brush and fell.

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a very nice buck! That wouldn't be your Dad holding up that 10 pointer you passed on, would it? In any case, congrats to him as well.

I saw two Missouri crows this morning. Big Grin

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very Nice bucks thumb

One of Us
Picture of SkyJacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Underclocked:
Congrats on a very nice buck! That wouldn't be your Dad holding up that 10 pointer you passed on, would it? In any case, congrats to him as well.

I saw two Missouri crows this morning. Big Grin

No that bigger guy is a friend of mine. He's 6-8 280lbs, so that gives you an idea how big the deer are.

Posts: 177 | Location: Savannah, GA | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good job! both bucks are great. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I'll agree, that is a noce looking deer.

Congratulations!

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote