Find
Notify
Tools

Model 700 ML 54 cal starting loads.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted
I just aquired a M700 ML in 54 cal. I would like to know what recommended starting loads are for this rifle. I have two dozen TC PTX Sabot bullets in 250gr 45 cal. I also have some Pioneer FFFG powder. The M700 is set up for 209 primers. I was told to start with 100grns and go from there, anyone else have similar experience? What is minimum and maximum load for this ML?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought my hunting partner a Rem 700 54 cal. last year when I got a good deal. Partial payment on some taxidermy. It shoots like a dream with #11 cap, 100 grains Pyrodex P and 300 grain Hornady XTP in .452, with a scope it is under 1.5".

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
My 54 Remington shoots best with 100gr. T7 and about any bullet and sabot you stuff down it.I am fond of the purple MMP 54 sabot with a 300gr. speer gold dot bullet.
A 100 yard target with the 54/50 load.

Be sure and keep the bolt clean. Buy a bolt take down tool to do it.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote