New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wakeman/Barnes 458 Original???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Mr. Wakeman, You have clearly done your homework on using the Barnes Original .458 300gr SSP and the MMP Orange sabot over VV N120 in the Savage ML. Does Barnes Bullet Company have a clue that this bullet works so well in the Savage?? I was emailed by a friend who spoke w/ Barnes reps about this combo at the Shot Show. They looked at him like he had three heads and assured him his facts were wrong. In a nutshell, they've never heard of this done. I was surprised that they would be in the dark about this. Can this explain why they are so short in their annual supply of this bullet?

Thoughts??

GVA

one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
Barnes knows quite well; certainly Ty Herring and Coni Brooks are well aware.

They are running them this month, so if you are looking for them the best bet is to get them on order with Barnes directly right now.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
A note from Barnes:

Hi Randy

I'm not sure who talked to this gent, but obviously it was someone not familiar with the internal workings of customer service. We do have some "outside" help at some of the shows and I must apologize to Gary for the incorrect information. As you mentioned we are well aware of how well the .458 cal 300gr SSP is working for the Savage ML owners and we are making the largest run ever of this particular bullet. With that said, the demand is at an all time high and I don't expect them to last long. Get your order in right away!

Ty

We Aim to please, reloading is a great hobby, enjoy it.

Ty Herring
Barnes Bullets
Customer Service Director
P.O. Box 215
American Fork
Utah 84003
Tel 801-756-4222
1-800-574-9200
Fax 801-756-4222
Email: email@barnesbullets.com
http://www.barnesbullets.com

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Ty sent me an email.

GVA

posted Hide Post
I just received my order of these bulets today. If you want some I'd be getting an order in ASAP.

Posts: 1148 | Location: The Hunting Fields | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote