Find
Notify
Tools

Finally Did It! Knight Revolution
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Greets fm CO
I finally bought a ML. Knight Revolution. Liked it better than whatever else I looked at or researched. It has Hardwoods Green for the stock and has a stainless barrel, is in .50 caliber. Anyone have any load recommendations?? In CO, I can't use SABOTS
but when in TN I can so would appreciate any loads, also results on game. Wonder how powerbelts would work? Thanks for all the info! Ray

Posts: 106 | Location: Aurora, CO | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Ray,

I hunted in Colorado for deer this year, and I used the 348 gr Powerbelt bullet. They shot well from my 32" twist rifle with 100 gr (volume measure) of H777. The 100 gr H777 seems to be a load that the inlines should all shoot well.

I tried the Powerbelt bullets because I could get them easily from Cabelas, but I have read reports that they don't do as well on penetration. I would like to try the Colorado Conicals at PR Bullets. http://www.prbullet.com/colcon.htm Just now I am working with sabot loads for a December deer hunt here.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try 100-grains volume equiv. of 777 with a Maxi-ball bullet, if you can find them... I cast my own, and out of my .50-cal White, they will group into 1-1/2 inches at 100, slightly over 3" at 200.

Have fun!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote