New
Find
Notify
Tools

Poly Patches
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can any one tell me where I can get some Poly Patches for a 45 caliber round ball ?????

Posts: 99 | Location: Northeast Missouri | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
There was a bag of them listed on gunbroker:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=170751179

They apparently did not sell, you could contact the person and ask that he re-list them.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark.....
Thanks for the info,, I cannot get a message to this person and there is no listing in Jackson Hole, Wy for that company. If you can get a note to this party and have him e-mail me, I would appreciate it greatly. Thanks

Posts: 99 | Location: Northeast Missouri | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SagSert
posted Hide Post
Jebb45,

I did an in depth search out of curiosity but couldn't find a current supplier for Poly Patches. Seems like Buttler Creek was the manufacturer but there is no mention of it in their web site or their current catalog. I noticed the listing in gunbrooker as well, seems like he had 2 listings for 2 calibers a while ago.

Have you used them before ? I never have and would like to know more.

Cheers
M.

Posts: 27 | Location: PV Arizona, USA | Registered: 22 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SagSert......

Yes, I have used them in the past and I am almost out of them. I have used them for almost everything. you could keep your rifle loaded alot longer with them instead of the cloth patch. Accuracy was extremely good 1" to "1 1/2 at a Hundred yards. They worked very well. thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the same issue when I tried to locate some a few years back. I was told they are no longer made, so if you find some, be sure and stock up. Like you, my accuracy was also better with the poly's vs the traditional patch.
Good luck.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used them for my cva 45 kentucky and they seem to have more velocity as they hit a little higher at 100 yards then with spit patch. And like said you could leave your rifle loaded longer w/o worry of powder getting damp. I havent seem them offered in years, I was scrounging through my dads old reloading bench recently and found a bag I had left there 20 years ago, but I dont know where you would locate any....good luck on your search.

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote