New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dumb question about Encore muzzleloader
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Bear in mind that I haven't fired a muzzleloader since 1983. I'm considering buying an Encore Pro Hunter. I'm all loaded up and out hunting and get nothing. What do I do with the loaded round? Back in the day we just had to eat it and fire it off to come back home for the gun cleaning.

What do you do with the Encore? Sorry if this is dumb, but I haven't seen a post regarding this issue. Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remove the 209 primer to make it safe - and legally "unloaded" - until you resume the hunt the next morning.

One of Us
Picture of Jeff Sullivan
posted Hide Post
To completely unload your gun, you can shoot it or remove the breech plug and push the bullet out.

I do what nordrset said when I am leaving the stand for the day but will be hunting again soon.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Kodiak and I use pellets, so it is easy. I just remove the primer, of course, remove the breechplug, let the pellets fall into my hand and push the bullet and sabot back out the front. Oil it up and you are ready for storage again.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never thought about pellets having an advantage. That's something to consider. I think I'll be getting the Pro Hunter tomorrow. Six more days of gun season, then eight days of muzzleloader. Wish me luck.