ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Have youi heard about Smith & Wesson buying T/C?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have youi heard about Smith & Wesson buying T/C?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
If this is true I hope they dont ruin it by cost cutting.Smith and wesson liked the new center fire they were building and decided to buy the whole company I was told.I just hope they dont wack down the muzzle loaders and other things.I bet the contenders will be gone.I always love T/C guns and their service is second to none.

Posts: 2534 | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I read about the sale in the NRA Hunter Magazine. I only hope it will be a good move for all of us that love the TC's

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
The sale was done very quietly, and was almost a done deal by the time it was announced.

These acquisitions and mergers depend a lot on the clash of cultures between the two companies. If there isn't too much, things can eventually smooth out. If they are too dissimilar, it will not be successful.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
That's old news. Big Grin

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgr416:
If this is true I hope they dont ruin it by cost cutting.Smith and wesson liked the new center fire they were building and decided to buy the whole company I was told.I just hope they dont wack down the muzzle loaders and other things.I bet the contenders will be gone.I always love T/C guns and their service is second to none.

You "were told" wrong. Wink

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RandyWakeman:

You "were told" wrong. Wink

Unless you're suddenly part of the Executive Board of S & W, it's possible "you were" told wrong.

Don't tell anyone they are wrong here - without proof or a quote pertaining to the subject. I surely don't recall any "T/C about to be sold" threads by you - just prior to the T/C acqusition. So whatever S & W is telling you - sure isn't much insider info.

........ Keep Yer' Powder Dry Fellas" ............

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the same BS this guy spews out since he got shitcanned by gaybeard. He thinks you should bow at his feet when he speaks. Don't believe a word this fakeman guy says.

Posts: 1408 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
S & W is publicly held.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation to Acquire Thompson/Center Arms, Inc.

Deal Expected to Add $70 Million of Net Sales Provides Immediate Entry into Hunting Rifle Market

SPRINGFIELD, Mass., Dec. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (Nasdaq: SWHC), parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 154-year old company in the global business of safety, security, protection and sport, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Thompson/Center Arms, Inc., a 40-year old, privately held, New Hampshire-based designer, manufacturer and marketer of premium hunting firearms, for $102 million in cash. The transaction is expected to close in the beginning of January 2007.

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote