Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone use the Savage ML10 II ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I love my Savage, It is the most powerful and most accurate MLer I've ever laid hands on.

Go to the Savage Muzzleloading Message Board web page and check out the many different sites listed at the top of the page. SavageML10.com has some very useful info.

If you want to know what has worked best for me, shoot me a pm.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I just picked up a new Savage ML1o II SS, these are the front loaders that can use smokeless. Probably will shoot it next week so if you have any tips let em fly

Does yours have the accutrigger? I have looked for one at every gun show I have gone to in Kansas and even the one in Tulsa (Upper Level) but still haven�t found one to look at up close. I have been using a Knight but after a day's hunt don't like to have to clean it.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post

Savage ML10II owners should read this, SAVAGE ARMS EXHIBITS COMPLETE DISREGARD FOR CONSUMER SAFETY! at

http://www.hpmuzzleloading.com/

Just for your own saftey!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a new Savage ML1o II SS, these are the front loaders that can use smokeless. Probably will shoot it next week so if you have any tips let em fly

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MoreBS
posted Hide Post
445 supermag

Just wondering what you base your opinion on, "Strongest and most powerful"?

Looks like the original ML10 is the stronger, not the ML10II..........

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes this is the current version with the accutrigger, Natchez had a special running on them a few weeks ago

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got one this spring and it's been reliable which is more than I can say for my previous TC Renegade.

I like the 250 gr SST as mentioned above for it's ballistic coeficient. I load the suggested charge of 44 grs of AA 5744 and a Winchester 209 which makes 1975 fps. I ran off the PointBlank trajectory for it and I am prepared for a shot up to 200 yds.

On a calm day it groups rather well at 200 yds.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote