New
Find
Notify
Tools

58 Cal Navy Arms Enfield Musketoon
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently bought a 58 navy arms enfield musketoon (waiting on shipping. Anyone have experience with this? I have several M/L, but this is my first military repro. I bought a REAL mold and a 500 gr. minie mold yesterday, both 575 dia. Dixie Gun Works recommends 577 for their musketoon, guess I'll see how it shoots. I'd love to take a deer this fall with it. What other M/L forums have you guys been on? Anyone know a military repro forum ??

Thanks,
Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Eterry: Try n-ssa.org's bulletin board, and muzzleloadingforum.com. Seems the trick to getting the Enfields to shoot well is finding exactly the right minie mould to match the actual dimensions of your barrel.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill, I'll check them out. I know the .575 molds are probably too small, hopefully the molds will throw slugs a couple thousands oversize. I got them at a flea market, didnt pay too much for them. Some musket caps and I think I'm in business.

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote