Find
Notify
Tools

Comparison pic
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Here is a picture of the more known .58 caliber conicals, along with a Speer 400gr flatnose in .458dia and a 30mm bullet. Another note is that thompson centers maxiball and maxihunters had great quality control along with the Hornady Great Plains. I remember reading a while back that the Hornadys were much better built, but in the 90+ bullets I ordered they all looked great.

left to right - .458 dia 400gr, Hornady 525gr Great Plains, T/C Maxiball 555gr, T/C Maxihunter 560gr, 30mm Big Grin

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you remove the lube and weigh the TC bullets you will find they are not as close as you think. Also use a micrometer and check them for round. You will find that they are not as close as you think. Here is a picture of some bullets. The two on the left are my own 45 cal and the two on the right are TC 50's.
When I make my own I keep them +- .5 gr or they get melted. The TC's in this box were +- 30 gr. As you can see the TC bullet on the far right won't even sit straight. The Hornadys I tested were very good. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote