Find
Notify
Tools

My new Lyman!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted
Here are a few pictures of the 24+ year old Lyman I just got today. .58 Caliber, very little rust. I did a somewhat thorough cleanup today when I got it home but I think later on in the week I am going to really go through it and try to get it squeaky clean. I can't wait to shoot it! I still have to order a nipple for it

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Exit31
posted Hide Post
Question. Does it say Lyman anywhere on this rifle? The reason I'm asking is that I have a similar rifle in 54 cal and it is made by the manufacture who makes firearms for Lyman, but the Lyman name does not appear on it.

Why shall there not be patient confidence in the ultimate justice of the people? Is there any better or equal hope in the world? Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 599 | Location: Canada, NS | Registered: 19 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bugle: I remember seeing that patch box pattern on the early Lyman BP rifles.In fact, in one of the Lyman ML handbooks, I think there is a picture of John Wooters with that style of rifle and a whitetail. Nice find!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16408 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Very Cool great find. I have one in 54 cal but 58 would punch a bigger hole. Something I just like about the 58cal I had one in a Mississippi & Zuove (sp) but they got ripped off. I also belive Cabelas had one in 58.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I was going to get a .54 but I found this and the guy was wanting to get rid of it!

Exit - Yes it says lyman on the barrel

Bill- Yeah, I am guessing they quit making this model a while back!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote