New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Riflenam on Muzzelloading
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have a comment on the article in American Rifleman about Muzzleloading Ballistics? Any Comment on the findings?
Just geting started into inline muzzleloading I am intrested in what seems to work best.

Judge Sharpe

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm interested, but haven't seen the piece. Is there any chance you could post it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No- Sorry I have trouble with plain posts
JS

Is it safe to let for a 58 year old man run around in the woods unsupervised with a high powered rifle?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't believe that you guys that shoot do not belong to NRA. It is about the only last hope that we will be able to keep our guns after Hillary gets to be president. None of you gun owners will vote enought to stop her.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted Hide Post
Hi Judge,

I've read the AR article on muzzle loading, but do not have it handy. My Encore 209-50, 120 gr of loose Tripple7, 250 grain bullet w/sabot, MV of 1900 fps is 1 high at 65 yds and dead on at 100 yds. This thing will shoot! Here in NH we have to work to get a 100 yd shot, so I do not concern myself with ranges beyond that. I will tell you, balloons at 200 yds stand no chance, just no open season here. I'm going to try some lead of the Beartooth Bullets, .44 cal, 325 gr LFN SS bullets this season. We'll see how they work out.

Best of luck,

Lee

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LeeH
posted Hide Post
OOPS!

"I'm going to try some of the Beartooth..."

Thinking about going to my tree stand, bow in hand!

Lee

Posts: 87 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MLKEITH, you made a mighty big jump there. I did not see the article either, and I do belong to the NRA. I just take American Hunter instead, and I don't read much of that. Unless it was printed in both rags, then half of the NRA did miss it.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
MLKEITH, you made a mighty big jump there. I did not see the article either, and I do belong to the NRA. I just take American Hunter instead, and I don't read much of that. Unless it was printed in both rags, then half of the NRA did miss it.

Thank you, Larrys

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the big "JUMP". I thought about it right after I posted it. I had just read two articles about how many gun owners there are and how few vote to protect them so I was a little primed. In fact, in the way of an apology if anyone want specific information from the article I will email a scan to you if you send your email. Not sure I can post a picture on the site as I have never done it and would likely screw it up.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Maybe I should go ahead and join the NRA this year...

Which magazine that they put out should I sign up for?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3316 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote