New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not nice to gloat, but...
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just had to brag a little bit: went to a show earlier today and found a White Lightning. $250 out the door, and it looks like maybe 10 rounds through it. The stock has a dent, but that is cosmetic only. No wear at all on the breechplug, and the steel is very clean. Still has the sights, and the ramrod is undamaged. I pick up the original box and accessories late this week.

Less than 2000 made total, and never any returned because of inaccuracy. I got lucky!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Them as say gloating isn't nice are usually the ones with nothing to gloat about. Enjoy.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice find. Smiler

I should add that you might want to reinforce the stock at the pistol grip with a bolt or hardwood dowel. I believe Doc even recommends that procedure. I know of one that snapped without it.

Courtesy of Batchief although he doesn't know it Big Grin :

The pics show where to drill, and the angle. Use a 5/16th "long" bit and the same sized walnut dowel, cut to around 4.5 inches. Mark your drill bit with tape so you know when you're there. The hardest part is drilling it straight,,so you'll either have to place the stock in a vice, or have somebody hold it firmly while you drill. TAKE YOUR TIME!

Before you insert the dowel,,take a utility knife and cut some slits in the dowel lenghtwise. (This allows the glue to seep into the groves and adhere to the stock) Not much to it really. Unless you drill off center and come out the side of the grip area...

"

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Richard.

I gotta stop buying these things... I now have six Whites, and still don't have an official place to hunt!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Doubless - Sounds like you really lucked out!

I love the Whites

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote