New
Find
Notify
Tools

Comments/getting dialed in?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Been working on loads that the guns like and here are some results. 4 shot group,with .490ball and patch,50yds. one flyer.(pistol) 5 shot group,100yds,250 hornady xtp(sabots).50 cal.

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Name the guns & powders?

Nice shootin'!

........ Keep Yer' Powder Dry Fellas" ............

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Meant to and got in a hurry sorry. The pistol is a Pederosoli "bounty hunter" Kentucky style. Its 50 cal.with a 16 9/16" barrel with a 1-17 3/4 twist with 12 lands and grooves. 40grs of pyrodex with a .490 speer ball and 0.10 patch. The rifle is a Tradations with a custom peep sight,50 cal. 80grs of pyrodex, with a 250 gr hoenady XTP and sabot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to see the peep sight better. Does it have index marks so you can adjust it in the field to different ranges? Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Looks good Van.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That peep is a williams peep isn't it. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Van, Unless a person has shot a Handgun, I doubt they will be able to appreciate just what an outstanding group that is.

Sure speaks well for the Handgun and the Trigger Yanker. Congratulations.

Do you plan to Hunt with it?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The sight is off a Rem Model 700. I recut the sides of it in a mill to fit the stock,then i took the big headed screw from militarty rifle slings and cut the insides of the stock to fit them in the stock resessed to the wood. Then microbedded them in.So, when i tighted down the mount with the screws it would work against itself and not to depress in the stock. van