Find
Notify
Tools

Iron site options?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted
Got back from the range the other day with my new Savage ML II inline. Very impressed with the ease of use, smoothness and the accuracy with my scope was unreal with a 4 shot group coming in at .75 @ 100 yards. With that said, the iron sites are so far off they have run out of adjustment. I'm convinced the holes were tapped out-of-line. But also out of elevation adjustment too (shoots 11" high @ 100 yards with full adjustment). My loads are Barnes 250 Grn. TS with 42 grains of IMR SR 4759 (smokeless) pushing the bullet at 2250 FPS. Any suggestions on how to tweak these sites or any after market options?

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of youngoutdoors
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you need a taller front sight. I'd contact Savage and tell them the problem and they'll probably send you one or a new set of sights all together. Other than that Brownells has all types of sights for all rifles. I personally like a peep sight if I don't use a scope. Most peeps have alot of elevation and windage adjustment.

God Bless, Louis

Posts: 1368 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of WhatThe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by youngoutdoors:
Sounds like you need a taller front sight. I'd contact Savage and tell them the problem and they'll probably send you one or a new set of sights all together. Other than that Brownells has all types of sights for all rifles. I personally like a peep sight if I don't use a scope. Most peeps have alot of elevation and windage adjustment.

God Bless, Louis

Thanks, good advice!

Posts: 542 | Location: So. Cal | Registered: 31 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use a Williams peep that mounts in the rear scope mount holes. Very accurate and I believe it has more elevation than your oem irons. If it doesn't have enough though, you will need a taller front site as posted above.

Posts: 1016 | Location: Happy Valley, Utah | Registered: 13 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Williams peep sight. Worked well with my Omega, upgraded to scope this year for my aging eyesSmiler

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I used a Williams base on this and a Ghost Ring sight insert:

Here it is in use (old pic, my son is now a couple inches taller than me!):

Here is another old pic from the same season, of getting my kids involved:

Darn, just looked around the web for some part #'s and I don't know if Williams is making this anymore! It was just a rear base and then used a ghost ring insert instead of a blade.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got mine from Midway, but it was for Omega.

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote