New
Find
Notify
Tools

FPS and Energy Loss 26 VS. 28
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What would be the fps and energy loss with a 50/54 cal muzzleloader barrel of 26 in VS. 28 In?? Thanks Ray

Posts: 106 | Location: Aurora, CO | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
depending on granulation and powder type about 50fps. it also depends on powder compression humidity and many other little things but i would say 50-100.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Depends on bullet weight as well, and probably ignition system, but I'd be about 1/2 of what 700 suggests. Hard to guess exactly and also depends on how maxed out you are with respect to the amount of powder you end up with in your most accurate load. I doubt it would matter given any reasonable loading however, but why so short anyway? None of my barrels are less than 32". I much prefer a much much longer barrel for lots of reasons.

Brent

Posts: 2255 | Location: Where I've bought resident tags:MN, WI, IL, MI, KS, GA, AZ, IA | Registered: 30 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
brent he is probably looking at inline muzzel loaders and i cant think of a inline that has a longer than 28" barrel

my 10 bore jager has a 31 " barrel my 8 bore has a 27" barrel any longer and it would make the guns far to barrel heavy.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote