Find
Notify
Tools

TC Fire Hawk -- 209 conversion
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted
I have a TC Fire Hawk that I have never used -- it came with the nipple for a #11 cap and I would like to convert to a 209 system. Does anyone know where I can get the components to make that change?
Thanks
G

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Have you tried contacting TC or looking on there website?
www.tcarms.com

It might be as simple as an email.

Many of the Forum members say that the 209 is to hot and they prefer the #11 caps.

I have a Knight Predator that has never misfired using #11 caps even leaving it loaded (without a cap, putting a piece of leather on the nipple and letting the bolt close for a seal) for over a year.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Woodmnctry
posted Hide Post
Sometimes the simplest is to easy - yep -- they have it on the TC web site -- I am more concerned about the moisture issue as I am planning on putting the hurt on Mr. Bullwinkle in AK with the rifle --- so -- rain will be an issue -- thus the 209. That said though I have not found them -- understand there is a Black Powder version of the 209

OMG!-- my bow is "pull-push feed" - how dreadfully embarrasing!!!!!

Posts: 926 | Location: 8K Ft in Colorado | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The most recent and apparently quite good is the Winchester Tripple Seven primers. I have some but have not had a chance to shoot them yet.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
there are several versions of blackpowder 209's.I have had good luck with remington brand.
Then again,I always had great luck with sidelocks and #11 caps ,too.

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Moisture intrusion will be the result of a #11 breech plug that is cut wrong, or caps that are too big. If the cap fits the breech plug correctly, moisture shouldn't be a problem.

I am one of those that likes the #11 (or RWS 10.75 when you can find them...), but the caps fit tightly on my Whites, to the point I would have to remove them with a pocket knife or similar if I chose not to discharge.

Good luck on the hunt!

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote