One of Us
Picture of Born to Hunt
posted

Reloaders Haul Brass!

Posts: 336 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 03 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Born to Hunt
posted Hide Post
After a doe each of the last two years, my son decided to wait for a buck this year. He passed on a thirty yard shot at a doe on the first morning of youth season. Then, he passed on shots at a doe two more times, but never saw a buck. He worried all last week about ML season. He just had to have one, but I've never found one small enough for him to shoot. So, on Tuesday, I gave in and went to the local gun shop and purchased a cheap muzzle loader and brought it home. I put the stock in my vise before it was ever fired and sawed two inches off the stock and replaced the butt pad. Seemed like a good fit for him (LOP=11.75"). We set the scope and much to my surprise, it shot really well with light loads.

Saturday afternoon, he shot this buck. I had to tell him to breathe twice. He was so excited! The rack is a mainframe 10 with some stickers. He dressed 181 lbs. clean.

Reloaders Haul Brass!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to both of you. Sure is a fine Buck which will make a nice mount for his room.

I'd guess his classmates will be green with envy!!!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonder who had the biggest grin ? Dad or the
proud hunter? thumb

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Memory to last a lifetime.Congradulations to the young man.
A buck like that fills all of us old timers with envy.Great buck.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome!

Posts: 575 | Location: VA | Registered: 20 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RandyWakeman
posted Hide Post
clap

That is wonderful! Congratulations to the both of you.

Now that is what hunting is all about-- you'll never forget a memory like that like. Nor will Dad! Fabulous.

Posts: 375 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Born to Hunt
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! I hope he is an old pro after this weekend. My daughter and son were both drawn for a youth quota hunt for this weekend. We saw a lot of deer on the hunt last year including a couple bucks, but no shooters (15" minimum spread).

Reloaders Haul Brass!