ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Looking something like this. Do you know if it exists.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking something like this. Do you know if it exists.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok I have a .54 cal great plains hunter/rifle. It shoots fine but it is a pain in the butt in the rain.

I was thinking the other day that I would really like something that has a closed action just like the omega. It should use a 209 for ignition.I just don't like the way the omega looks.

So basically I am looking for an omega "type" rifle that looks traditional. It should have an octagonal barrel and a decent wood stock.

Basically a Ruger #1 muzzle loader.

Does it exist?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would email "doc@whtemuzzleloading.com". He has built a lot of different designs, and a bunch are "one of a kinds". He can build you what you want. I don't know if he is still doing that, but he possesses the talents and knowledge...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the picture of the rifles on the home page. You can E-mail the owner, he is a nice guy & will tell you all about it.

www.prbullet.com

Posts: 73 | Location: Pocahontas, AR | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure the style is one you would like but I think Cabalas is selling a Rolling block style muzzleloader. Old traditional styling but inline design. Nice wood stock.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,

That Cabellas rifle is a close to what I am looking for.

Thanks for all of the tips.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The discontinued but still fairly common T/C Scout might meet your needs. http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976662114.htm

One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
Try using a bit of gun grease around the cap to keep out rain.

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote