Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Narrowed it down to 2
 Login/Join

posted
Ok iv narrowed down my choices to a t/c black dimond, and a cva kodiak. They are both the camo stock with blued barrel, at the same price. The T/C does however come with a starter kit. Which do you think is the better deal for the beginning black powder hunter? I like the fact that the kodiak dosn't need a capper but other then that i have no real favorite.
Thanks,
Nick Radovich

I also posted this in the black powder forum because i didn't know which would get seen more.

Posts: 19 | Location: Atlanta, Ga | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the T/C Black Diamond .50. I have been very satisfied with it, one elk and one Mule deer. I will be using it in a couple of weeks on a muzzleloading elk hunt here in Idaho. If I do my job, it'll certainly do its.

Can't advise on the CVA, as I don't have one.

Good luck. L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T/C also has a full transferable lifetime warranty. You can be the 3rd owner with no store receipt - no serial number on the rifle required either. You can have a part wear out 15 years from now & T/C will replace it free. I've recently been there & done that!

Posts: 138 | Location: Not Tellin' Michigan USA | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
The T/Cs are made better than the CVAs. Most of the CVAs I've dealt w/ were very cheaply made. I have also heard the CVA rifles have weak barrels. I would have to go w/ T/C between the two listed but, I would get a Savage or a Knight Revolution if it were up to me (Just a few more dollars, A heck of alot more accurate, Much Stronger, More weather resistant, and a whole lot easier to operate but, that's just me ).

Good Luck!

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two T/C rifles and one Traditions. The Traditions is a Pursuit and pretty new so I can't comment much on it as yet. I have to agree that T/C barrels seem to shoot very good. Accuracy with my Omega is as good as some of my cartridge rifles. I don't have any experience with the T/C Black Diamond but I think you will find many who do and love them.

Posts: 207 | Location: Mesa, Arizona | Registered: 31 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
I have had TC, Traditions, CVA, and have a Lyman Great Plains that I put together from a kit. The Lyman is the most accurate. The CVA would shoot strait when it would fire. The Traditions would not shoot strait and would not fire reliable the barrel must have been off center at the back. The TC always fired and shot strait but was not accurate as the Lyman Great Plains. They were all side hammer traditional Hawken style rifles. I have 3 different Knight Inline rifles and the Lyman Great Plains will out shoot all of them. Five 54cal Round Balls in one hole at 25yrds with the Lyman Great Plains is my personal best, and none of the other rifles have done so good.

My 2 Cents worth.

Good Luck on your choice.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a TC Black Diamond that I bought just for elk hunting 3 years ago. It has taken 2 elk, each requiring only one shot. Mine is most accurate with 90grs of Clear Shot, shooting a 348gr powerbelt. I believe you will be quite pleased with the BD. Never shot any CVA firearm, so can't comment. Good Hunting

Posts: 51 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 05 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 Black Diamonds, a blued, camo stocked XR.50 and a blued, black super XR.45, can't say anything bad about em, great rifles.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote