Find
Notify
Tools

Encore question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted
I posted this in the ss rifle forum and thought I try over here too.

Are the screws on the muzzleloader forearms bigger than on a regular rifle forearm? I bought a box full of stuff with about five forearms in it and I'm having trouble identifying them.

Thanks,
Rich

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The encore forends that I have all use the same screws.Bullberry http://www.bullberry.com and so did virgin valley guns(out of business)uses a different setup for their forends.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's why I ask:
I have 2 barrels for my Encore. One is a muzzleloader rifle barrel and the other is a ProHunter pistol barrel. I have the brown laminate stock/grip and forend setup for both. The m/l barrel uses much bigger screws to attach the forend than the pistol barrel. With that said, in the grab bag I purchased there are three contender forends and two Encore(?) forends. One of these is a camo unit that uses the same screws as my M/L barrel and has a large barrel channel, the other has a smaller channel, is walnut and uses the same size screws as my pistol setup. BUT it is the same length as the M/L rifle forend. It has a P/N stamped on the inside but was double stamped and just looks like jibberish to me. If you know what I have let me know. I can post pics if it would help.

Thanks,
Rich

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
On the one I had uses bigger screws on the muzzleloader barrel because it has nuts weilded to the barrel for the foreend.The heavy barrel I had uses smaller screws because they screw straight into the barrel,Hope this helps

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes the screws are bigger for the muzzleloader forearm.I'm not 100% positive(can't find my T/C catalog)but I don't think they make a walnut forearm for the Black powder barrel.All my walnut stocks fit certian barrel lenghts in center fire calibers.You could measure the hole spaces and the forearm lenght then email T/C to find out want they will work on.

Posts: 42 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slewfoot:
Yes the screws are bigger for the muzzleloader forearm.I'm not 100% positive(can't find my T/C catalog)but I don't think they make a walnut forearm for the Black powder barrel.All my walnut stocks fit certian barrel lenghts in center fire calibers.You could measure the hole spaces and the forearm lenght then email T/C to find out want they will work on.
Just saw an Encore muzzle stuffer TC with a Walnut forend on EBay thought about bidding on it item # 180003871777

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own an Encore with a walnut stock and forend. Got the stock parts at Fox Ridge Outfitters in New Hampshire.

They have a website and hard copy catalog, they are a distributor for T/C parts. I believe it's:

www.foxridgeoutfitters.com

"No one but he who has partaken thereof can understand the keen delight of hunting in lonely lands."

Posts: 59 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Encore with a 12 gauge turkey barrel, and it uses larger screws and has a wider barrel channel than my one for rifle barrels.

Posts: 61 | Location: FT Carson CO | Registered: 29 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brent:

Welcome home!!! And thanks. How do you like the Encore shotgun barrel?

I should have added that my Encore is a muzzleloader, since that was the question.

"No one but he who has partaken thereof can understand the keen delight of hunting in lonely lands."

Posts: 59 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote