New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC Triumph
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone laid their hands on one yet? No one up here has any idea when they'll be available. Are they available to you Americans yet? Thinking of getting one for this fall.

Posts: 44 | Location: Winkler, MB | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
bushman,

I handled one at the SCI Convention in January. It mounted as you would expect, but I did not have the opportunity to do anything else with it. It wasn't light, and it wasn't heavy: sort of in the middle.

I operated the Speed Breech, and it worked as advertised. It was a bit stiff to turn the first time, but that was probably at least partly due to my unfamiliarity with the thing.

The break seemed like the action operation of the Omega X7 -- I have one at home.

I expect it will sell well.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stopped by our local TC dealer and it was my lucky day! They had just gotten their first shipment of Triumphs this week. They operate very smooth, and balanced very well. As soon as they get the stainless version in a camo stock I will be buying one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just bought my Triumph this weekend, and love it! No time for load development yet, but the first group after rough sight in at 120 yards was 2 1/2 inches. That was 240gr PR Dead Centers on top of 100 grs of loose T7. With a little tinkering I should be able to shrink that under an inch. Looks like it's gonna be a keeper!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bushman:
the first group after rough sight in at 120 yards was 2 1/2 inches. With a little tinkering I should be able to shrink that under an inch.
Sounds like you're off to a good start with your new rifle. Do you need more accuracy than that? What are you hunting? In what sort of terrain?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be for hunting farm country whitetails mostly. I don't need much more accuracy, it's already better than most of my other muzzleloaders. I just like the confidence I have when I know I have the most accurate combination I can find. I think this gun has the ability to be a 300 yard hunting gun without much work at all.