New
Find
Notify
Tools

25 acp breech plug for the Savage?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is the 25 acp conversion breech plug availble for the Savage ML II ?

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only .25 acp conversion i've seen was for the T/C and NEF inlines. You may want to email Precision Rifle and see if you could get one, or if they make them.

GD

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Precision Rifle makes a Variflame adapter that works as well as the .25 ACP breechplug. It's a brass piece shaped like a 209 primer, and has a primer pocket that holds a small rifle primer. For about $20 you get 10 adapters and a little tool kit to seat and remove the primers to reuse the adapters. That's what I use in my inlines these days.

Posts: 44 | Location: Winkler, MB | Registered: 16 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bushman. That Variflame looks like the ticket. Anybody used one with the Savage and smokeless?

Although cartridge selection is important there is nothing that will substitute for proper first shot placement. Good hunting, "D"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the rifle primer isn't hot enough for the savage with smokeless.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep I talked to the folks at Precision Rifle today. They said the same thing. OK. One less thing to buy and work up loads for. Suits me. Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
By the way my friend who had told me about this 45 acp primer for ignition system, had a doe come out on him at 40 yards and CLICK, reprime. CLICK. No bang. He has gone back to 209's and Bang every time. Good hunting. "D"