ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Have you handled a Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon?

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have you handled a Remington Genesis or Traditions Yukon?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Happend to notice Remington has entered the market with a new BP Rifle called "Genesis" (I think that is the spelling). And Traditions has a new rifle called the Yukon.

I looked at both of them on their web sites and the designs are somewhat similar, but different enough to know they are not the same rifle.

Just wondering if anyone has actually handled either of them and/or shot them???
-----

Also happened to notice both sites allow you to "down-load" Owners Manuals. Now there is a really fine idea. Perhaps all the firearms manufacturers do it and I'm just now noticing it.

Best of luck this Season to all of you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roskoe over at Hunting.net has a Genesis. You might catch him over there.

WHUT?

Posts: 371 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I handled both of them today. The Yukon was a bit lighter and shorter than the Genesis. As you would expect, the quality on the Geneseis was better than the Yukon. The Yukon has no receiver, just a barrel mounted in the forearm and the rear breach block thingie on the stock. The Genesis has an actual receiver. The trigger on the Genesis was fairly smooth with a bit of creep. Of course it is not adjustable. I couldn't try the Yukon's trigger because of a trigger lock.The breaching sytem is not the same on these two guns. What they do have in common is the manufacturer who is in Spain.

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you both.

Nice first hand report. It seems Remington is beginning to out-source more stuff all the time.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote