ACCURATERELOADING.COM MUZZLELOADING BIG GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Muzzleloading Big Game Hunting    Going to do a little house cleaning, your thoughts please.

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going to do a little house cleaning, your thoughts please.
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Gentlemen,

Over the next couple of weeks I am going to try to clean up some of the threads that got broken up during the forum changeover. What I want from you guys is your thoughts on how I plan to do it-

I'd like to try to cut and paste all broken links to the original post, then delete the links that have gone astray. While this will clear up the forum quite a bit, it also is going to have a lot of posts marked as being edited, and one of the reasons I like it here is precisely because of Saeeds firm committment to no censorship and I don't want to act like a hypocrite.

So I'd like to hear what other peoples thoughts are, as I want it to be a group consensus. If it isn't, then I'm not doing it.

Additionally, if someone else can think of a better way I'm all for you telling me how!

Thanks guys!

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
It means a bit more work for you, but perhaps you can insert a Moderator comment each time you perform this operation. Something like "Edited for forum continuity" should do the trick.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mark,

I vote for the cleanup if you're up to the work. Only put the comment in if you can somehow automate it; otherwise, it's too much typing.

Steve

Posts: 1723 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My vote is for cleanup as far as note i agree only add if you feel necisarry.thanx for your time and effort with this site it makes it one of the best furoms

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Well guys, after a bit more thinking and asking the other moderators, I've decided to let things stay the way they are. I have a few reasons, the most practical being is that it is a bit of work, and the only threads that were affected were old ones from the changever, and they are all fading into the sunset anyway.

However, the big one for me, after some thought, is that I haven't had to edit anyones post since I've been here, and I'm rather happy about that. So why would I want to think up a reason to start?

At any rate, thanks for your thoughts on the matter, and if you are a new person here who needs some help learning about the forums here, please feel free to send me an email and I'd be glad to help.

Regards to all,

Mark

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote