New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tulle Fusil de Chasse Success in 2003
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm new to Accurate Reloading Forums but I thought I'd share a brief account of my hunt this last fall. I've been hunting the late blackpowder season for several years now (and for several years in my teens) with no joy, so I took the new Tulle Fusil de Chasse (built by me from "Track of the Wolf's best parts") into the woodlot for the regular firearm season. About an hour into the season a mature doe wandered in to within 25 yards of my ground blind. My gun tags being "anterless only" I lined up on a spot just behind her shoulder and pressed the trigger...Clack! No spark! The doe stared me down for about five minutes then she made her last mistake. She took a step to the right and put a tree between her head and mine. I reset the frizzen, brought the lock to full cock, and pressed the trigger...clickBOOM! Much better! The .600 ball driven by 70 grains of FFFg struck her just forward the right shoulder, took out ribs coming and going, punched both lungs, split the heart, and exited just behind the left shoulder. She bolted, walked, then staggered 30 yards and fell into the snow...my first muzzleloader whitetail. Wishing you all a successful stalk and a strong shower of sparks. McB

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. I really can't imagine a better all around rifle if I were a pioneer. Loaded with buck and ball you'd be armed for just about anything on the continent.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote