New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leatherwood scope for Omega?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Season is approaching and I am looking for a scope for my T/C Omega. I googled this scope.

Price is right, reviews are favorable, anybody uses this scope?

Any insight will be highly appreciated, thanks!

Posts: 339 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 October 2009Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I must be getting old, as I don't like most anything other than crosshairs in a scope anymore.

I don't like diamonds, circles, dots (unless it is just one small one in the center where the crosshairs touch), or graduations.

What I do like to have is a gun that I know where it is going to shoot and add my holdover.

A lot of my reasoning for this is while you can spend a lot of time in an armchair or at a window playing with a scope, in the world where I hunt most everything is more interested in staying alive than perching stoicly on a ridge while I fiddle with some knobs or recticule, so by the time I had it figured out said target was gone.

I guess I do cheat a little bit in that I prefer a multi-X recticule or whatever the marketing dept will calll it that year, and I sight it in and also figure out what distance the bottom post will serve as a front sight for holdover, but that is about it.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Mark, getting old, that's why I need scope for my OmegaSmiler

I agree, I would prefer simple cross and scope 4x40 but everybody and his brother nowadays makes variable magnification scopes only. Also I shoot MZ only two weeks every year and it kind of limits the expense in my mind to +-$100.

Anyway, thank you for your input.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway had last piece of a 4x32 T/C Hawken scope on clearance - I took it as a hint. Saving 6oz on scope weight.

Also simple is better and I don't need 9 power scope for Virginia; quite happy with the choice so far; let's see how I like it after few hours at the range.